When we moved into our new house and switched over to well water, I had no idea the damaging effects it’d have on my hair. True Story. My 7 year old brought to my attention one day that my blonde hair was turning green. Obviously, I panicked! What do you mean it’s GREEN!? He proceeds with, “yeah mommy, go look in a mirror”. YIKES! How did I not notice this before? Admittedly, my hair was looking quite blah but I hadn’t been swimming in a pool much that summer, so what was going on?
Oh well, I thought. Even though I hadn’t been leaving the house much those days I’d made a mental note to ask my stylist the next time I paid her a visit.
Come to find out, the same water that you shower with carries harsh minerals such as calcium, copper, and iron that can damage your hair and skin. These minerals build up in your skin and hair resulting in breakage, hair discoloration, or dry scalp and skin. No wonder my hair was a mess !
85% of homes in the U.S. have hard water which causes mineral deposits to build up on your hair and scalp, leaving your hair dry, dull, and lifeless-Malibu C
Thankfully, my stylist had recommended I use Malibu C. Immediately, I went on to Amazon and ordered the Malibu C: Natural Protective Hard Water Wellness Kit. It had over 5,000 reviews and 4.4 out of 5 stars. Most importantly: it’s crazy affordable – the whole kit cost $30 !!!
The collection includes:
- Hard Water Wellness Shampoo (9 oz)
- Hard Water Wellness Conditioner (9 oz)
- Hard Water Wellness Remedy (4 Packets)
Here’s why I love it so much:
- Safe for all ages and hair types
- Gluten, Paraben and Sulfate free
- Made in the U.S.A
- Eliminates toxins and impurities to deeply cleanse your hair
- 100% Vegan
- Cruelty free
- My hair instantly went from dry and dull to soft and shiny !!! No joke!
Key Ingredients and Benefits:
- Allantoin: Protects your scalp and prevents irritation and inflammation
- Ascorbic Acid: Nature-identical vitamin C; removes damaging water deposits and purifies hair and scalp
- Betaine: Improves your hair’s texture and softness with superior, penetrating moisture retention
- Flax Protein: A plant protein that conditions while leaving your hair feeling smooth and silky.
- Pro Vitamin B5 (Panthenol): Helps protect against the damaging effects of the environment (air, UV rays and water)
- Rice Protein: Vegetable protein enhances the manageability and body of hair. Improves gloss and texture while providing a protective barrier on damaged, oxidized hair
Because I’ve seen such great results, I’ve decided to share my secret with you all! In conclusion, this is the best shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair that is caused by those nasty minerals hiding in your hard water.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Read my full disclosure for more info.