This recipe is EASY PEASY…get it!? Sorry, I couldn’t resist! I’m sure you get the point. For those busy weeknights that you don’t have a lot of time, this recipe can be whipped up in 30 minutes AND it only has 7 ingredients! This recipe has been adapted from Giada De Laurentiis (original recipe can be found here).
Start by boiling 6 quarts of salted water in a large pot. Next, grab a large sauté pan and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. While the oil is heating up remove the casing from the sausages. Add the chicken sausages to the pan, sauté while breaking up any large pieces. Add half a cup of frozen peas to pan and saute for about 4 minutes or until chicken is golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
When the pot of water has come to a boil, add farfalle pasta and cook until al dente, about 9-11 minutes. Drain in a colander. Return pasta to the pot and add the ground chicken sausage and peas. Combine thoroughly. Drizzle in about a 1/4 cup olive oil. I don’t ever measure ingredients when I’m making this dish so if the mixture is too dry, don’t hesitate to use more olive oil if necessary. Add the grated parmesan cheese. Stir well and voila! You have yourself a quick and easy weeknight dinner! Enjoy!
- 1/4-1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage Links (casing removed)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 c. Frozen Peas (slightly defrosted)
- 1 lb. Farfalle Pasta
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
- Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1. In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. 2. Remove the casing from the chicken sausages and sauté in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes. Be sure to constantly stir and break up clumps. Add the peas and cook for another 4 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside. 3. Once the pot of water has come to a boil, add the farfalle pasta and cook until al dente, about 9-11 minutes. Drain in a colander. Return pasta to the pot and add the chicken and peas. Combine thoroughly. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle in the parmesan cheese. Stir well. Serve immediately.